An Akai Fire Extension For Bitwig
This is an initial step sequencer implementation of the Akai Fire for Bitwig.
I will be evolving it over time, see this video for a walk-though of the initial version.
Thanks to the blog below for working out the Sysex/CC codes. I've not yet managed to integrate with the OLED screen but will look to do this and will probably need a similar Raspberry PI "sniffer" to progress that.
This was developed in Bitwig v2.3.5 so should work in this version and above (and maybe some before).
- v1.1 - Current (1st Dec 2019)
- Long clips causing errors - fixed
- "User 2" mode is now initial version of "keyboard mode" (use select / shift-select to transpose / change octave, select defaults to C3, set velocity as before)
- Mode light left on after exiting - fixed
- v1.0 - Initial Release (24 Nov 2019)
Unzip and copy the akaifire folder to your Bitwig extensions folder:
Ensure your Akai Fire is connected via USB and go to Settings > Controllers > Add controller manually > Akai > Fire.
Choose MIDI device FL Studio Fire for both MIDI in and out.
Create an instrument track and select a clip to get started.